Kluskus Area and Kluskus IR Evacuation Alert
Updated: Sunday, July 16, 2017 @ 2:11 pm
Category: Evacuation Alerts
An Evacuation Alert has been issued by Cariboo Regional District at the Emergency Operations Centre (EOC).
Because of the potential danger to life and health, the Cariboo Regional District has issued an Evacuation Alert for the following areas:
- The area includes Kushya Creek IR 7 & 12; Kluskus IR 1; Kloyaningli IR 2; Chief Morris IR 13, Bishop Bluffs IR 10, 6, 5, Kluskus IR 14, Sunday man’s meadow IR 3, Kloyadingli IR 2, Yaladelassla IR 4, Upper Kluskus Lake 9 and all other private holdings
- This recommendation is in relation to the only access to all identified areas having the potential to be impacted by wildfire within the next 2-3 days.
An Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be required.
Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN AN ALERT IS IN EFFECT
Upon notification of an ALERT, you should be prepared for the evacuation order by:
- Locating all family members or co-workers and designate a Reception Centre outside the evacuation area, should an evacuation be called while separated.
- Gathering essential items such as medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (i.e. insurance), immediate care needs for dependants and, if you choose, keepsakes (photographs, etc). Have these items readily available for quick departure.
- Preparing to move any disabled persons and/or children.
- Moving pets and livestock to a safe area.
- Arranging to transport your household members or co-workers in the event of an evacuation order. If you need transportation assistance from the area please call 1-866-759-4577.
- Arranging accommodation for your family if possible. In the event of an evacuation, Reception Centres will be opened if required.
- Monitoring news sources for information on evacuation orders and locations of Reception Centres.
Further information will be issued as it becomes available. Please visit the CRD Emergency Operations Facebook page as well as the CRD website at www.cariboord.ca.
VIEW A MAP HERE: http://bit.ly/2tZoWfN