Williams Lake Fringe Area Official Community Plan
The Williams Lake Fringe Area OCP was adopted October 4, 2013.
An Official Community Plan (OCP) is a statement of objectives and policies to guide decisions on planning and land use management, within the area covered by the plan
The OCP serves as a foundation for all policies, regulations, and decisions pertaining to land use and development in the plan area.
The OCP includes a number of goals, including:
- Stewardship of natural resources
- Establishing residential development density
- Consistency with CRD region wide Shoreland Management Policy and Agriculture-Forestry Policy
- First Nations engagement
- Establishing Development Permit Areas for matters pertaining to aquatic habitat protection, geotechnical hazards, commercial/Industrial and multi-family dwelling form and character.
- Quality of life: objectives and policies regarding First Nations, parks, open spaces, recreation, culture and institutional uses.
- Provision for Temporary Use permits
- Protection of Agricultural Land Reserve
A number of documents are linked under resources on this page (maps are 11” by 17”):