EVACUATION ORDER ISSUED
Wednesday, 12 July 2017 4:18 PM
Pursuant to the BC Emergency Program Act, an Evacuation Order has been issued by the Cariboo Regional District.
Due to immediate danger to life safety due to fire, members of the RCMP or other groups will be expediting this action.
- The Evacuation Order is in effect for the following areas:
- An 8 km wide area running south from the existing evacuation area south of the Chilcotin River at Hanceville to Abrams Lake, including Fletcher Lake Road (700 Road) and Fletcher Lake. Stone Reserve is covered under an existing evacuation order.
- There is the Big Creek evacuation alert directly south.
The evacuation Route is north along the Fletcher Lake Road through Lee’s Corner and east on Highway 20.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- You must leave the area immediately.
- Follow the travel route provided and register at the ESS Reception Centre at Williams Lake Secondary School or the ESS Reception Centre in Prince George at the College of New Caledonia – West Entrance
- If you need transportation assistance from the area please advise the individual providing this notice or call 250-392-6284
- Close all windows and doors
- Shut off all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers
- Close gates (latch) but do not lock
- Gather your family: take a neighbour or someone who needs help
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, and Keys) only if they are immediately available. take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
- Do not use more vehicles then you have to.
Do not use the telephone unless you need emergency service.
YOU MUST LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY
For more information contact: CRD call center/info line 1-866-759-4977