North of Highway 20 to South of Tzenzaicut Lake #3 Evacuation Order
Updated: Friday, August 11, 2017 @ 3:46 pm
Category: Evacuation Orders
CRD Evacuation Order
North of Highway 20 to South of Tzenzaicut Lake #3
EVACUATION ORDER ISSUED
Friday, August 11, 2017 at 3:15 pm
Pursuant to the BC Emergency Program Act, an expanded Evacuation Order has been issued by the Cariboo Regional District. This order is replacing the North of Highway 20 to South of Tzenzaicut Lake #2 order issued on August 7, 2017 at 5:30 pm.
Due to immediate danger to life safety due to fire, members of the RCMP or other groups will be expediting this action.
The Evacuation Order is in effect for the following area:
See attached map: http://bit.ly/2wQ9fHY
The evacuation route is:
Lavington Road to Tibbles Road to Nazko Road and to Quesnel.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- You must leave the area immediately
- If you have accommodations arranged, register at ESS in Williams Lake at Boitanio Mall or Quesnel at 500 North Star Road between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm. If you require group lodging, register at the ESS Reception Centre in Prince George at the Civic Centre at 808 Canada Games Way.
- Close all windows and doors
- Shut off all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers
- Close gates (latch) but do not lock
- Gather your family: take a neighbour or someone who needs help
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, and Keys) only if they are immediately available. Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
- Do not use more vehicles than you have to.
- Do not use the telephone unless you need emergency service.
YOU MUST LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY
For more information contact: 1-866-759-4977