Category: Evacuation Orders
Big Creek East to Fraser River
EVACUATION ORDER ISSUED
Saturday, 15 July 2017 1:28 PM
Pursuant to the BC Emergency Program Act, an Evacuation Order has been issued by the Cariboo Regional District
Due to immediate danger to life safety due to fire, members of the RCMP or other groups will be expediting this action.
The Evacuation Order is in effect for the following areas:
- From McDermott Creek east to the Fraser River, North to the existing Alexis Creek evacuation Order area and west to the existing evacuation order at Fletcher Lake.
- Includes Rushes Lake, Big Creek, Mons Lake, Sky Ranch Road, Rocky Lake FSR, Ground Hog Creek FSR, Mud Creek FSR, Farwell Canyon Road (2000 Road), Farwell Canyon, Gaspard Creek FSR, 2000 Road and Mons Creek.
The evacuation route is: Farwell Canyon Road to Gaspard FSR, South to Gang Ranch Road to Dog Creek, then to Williams Lake.
DO NOT evacuate north through Fletcher Lake and Hanceville.
- You must leave the area immediately.
- Follow the travel route provided and register at ESS Reception Centre at Williams Lake Secondary School or the ESS Reception Centre in Prince George at the College of New Caledonia – West Entrance.
- If you need transportation assistance from the area please advise the individual providing this notice or call 1-866-759-4977
- Close all windows and doors
- Shut off all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers
- Close gates (latch) but do not lock
- Gather your family: take a neighbour or someone who needs help
- CRD Evacuation Order
- Big Creek East to Fraser River
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, and Keys) only if they are immediately available. Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
- Do not use more vehicles then you have to.
- Do not use the telephone unless you need emergency service.
YOU MUST LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY
For more information contact: 1-866-759-4977
Please click here for a boundary map: http://bit.ly/2ulSCWU